Wednesday, July 21, 2010

letters to my daughter: Month 5

Dear Ellie girl,

Today you are 5 months old! I am just amazed each day at you. You bring so much joy and light into my life. Your dad and I just marvel at you.

This past month it seems like you have mastered a bunch of new stuff. You are rolling all over, scooting backwards, have found your feet and most recently are trying to get those toes in your mouth!

Last month I finally put you in your crib and you have been sleeping in there ever since. You have turned into a stomach sleeper now and you love to be up against the very side of the crib, just like how you used to love to push your head into the crook of my arm. It must be a comfort thing. There have also been a few times that we put you down in one position and come back to find you in a completely different direction.

Baby girl, you are just the sweetest. I love to go in a watch you sleep. It is such a special thing to watch your child sleep. You will know what I mean some day. I also love to put you in bed with me in the morning for a bit and just "talk" with you. You are quite talkative and smily first thing and we get good cuddles in!

At your 4 mo. check up (which was really about 4 mo. 2 weeks) you weighed 15lbs 3oz and are now 24 3/4 inches long!

This past weekend we took you camping for the first time and you were such a trooper! I can't wait to go more with you. I hope you grow up loving to camp and have adventures.

Ellie June, you mean so much to me! I am so thankful you are my daughter!

I love you!

love,

mama


No comments:

Post a Comment