Thursday, April 29, 2010

More to say about that....

I thought about adding it to the previous post but then just decided to do another one....

Over the last 2 months, a few people have asked, "Do you feel like a mom now?" And honestly, I guess I did in ways of course, but at the same time I didn't. and I would answer that question honestly saying...."I think I will when I hear her call me mom or say mama the first time".

Because that's really what I thought......but today, in that little room, when I heard that cry, all I wanted to do was have her in MY arms and for that nurse to get the H$%^ away from her! (seriously, I thought that! NO offense nurse, you were just doing your job..... just continuing with the honesty thing here). I wanted it to be over, I wanted to get out of there, I wanted her to be ok! (which yeah, I know she already was)

I've heard my girl cry (of course) but I had yet to hear that "I'm in pain" cry! and it was different and in reality, I know, I really do know that is was only a minor, couple second pain.....but in that moment, I felt it too! I felt her feelings along with my own it seemed.

and then when she was back in my arms and I was wiping those tears away, nursing and "shhhhiinnggg" her...

THAT is when I felt like a mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment