Monday, May 10, 2010

Reflections on my first Mother's Day

There was nothing better than putting my girl in bed with me for her morning "meal" and instead she just wanted to pull back and smile at me. It was like she had missed me while she slept and was so happy and excited to see me. Those huge toothless grins melt my heart like crazy!

Then we fell asleep together and slept in! Sleeping in with a sleeping babe=a beautiful way to start your morning!

I had no idea I was capable of feeling the way I feel about my child and at the same time it comes so naturally as well. A deep, deep love.

I can't think of a better gift than this girl on my very first Mother's day.

(Ellie's first day in the world!)

1 comment:

  1. It is really special isn't it friend?!? this wonderful gift of motherhood! I love it!

    Des

    ReplyDelete