Thursday, October 7, 2010

letters to my daughter: Month 7.5

Dear miss Ellie,

Well, as you can see this letter is a wee bit late this month! Sorry girl, but also it provides me with something to share with you. What I want to tell you is at times in your life, things are going to slip through the cracks, have to be put in the back burner, or postponed until later. And that is OK! It is ok when those things happen because you are busy being in the moment, loving others, learning about yourself, and following you heart. Sometimes the "need/should/want" to do's far outweigh the GET to do's!

I am so thankful I GET to be your mom, get to spend time with you each morning before I leave for work, get to play in our bed with you on the weekend mornings, get to take care of you by feeding you, changing you, loving on you, teaching you, and praying for you. I am so thankful that I get to be your daddy's wife, that I get to love him and learn with him, that I get to take care of our home and all that comes with that responsibility, that I get to provide meals for our family. I am so thankful that I get to be me! Not only as a mother and wife, but as a daughter, sister, FRIEND. Sometimes all that comes with those get to do's means blogging about the doing of them gets put off. And that my girl is OK, because even if it's not put out there for the Internets, all of these things are written upon my heart.

Month 7 of your life has been so fun! You are a mobile machine. Since I wrote you 6 month letter, not only have you mastered crawling but also pulling your self to standing (first in your crib!), as well as climbing!!! the stairs. We have got to keep a constant watch on you little lady. You are very determined and that is the one word I would pick to describe you right now. You are also eating solids now and so far there's really nothing you won't eat. You've had rice cereal, oatmeal, prunes, pears, apples, carrots, sweet potatoes, summer squash, green beans, peas, Cheerios, hard boiled egg yolk, and the list goes on. and girly, you are a MESSY eater....but it sure makes for some cute pictures!

Darling girl, today is my birthday and I can honestly say, that on my 27th birthday YOU are the best gift I could have ever received this past year! You bring so much joy and love into my life. I am thankful for you now and always.

love,

your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment