Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 10 letter

Dear Prune sized babe,

Did you know I love you so much and cannot wait to meet you!! It’s true! Did you know I also have this feeling that you are a girl, I just can’t shake it. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t matter to me, if we discover you are a boy, I will still love you just as much, but it’s just my feeling. It’s kinda like whenever I pictured the man I was going to marry, I always pictured your daddy (I’m talking about when we were broken up-which is a story I’ll share with you some day…) But it was always this peace I had, just like I have when I think of you being a girl! In my head I sometimes catch myself referring to you as a she or her.

Funny thing is though your daddy called me today and said he was going to take a vow not to shave his beard again until we had a boy! He said imagine if we have like 3 girls and he is still unshaven and you and your sisters would be asking him why!?! I laughed and then was RELIEVED when he told me he was just joking!

Speaking of your daddy, he has been so great so far with this pregnancy, with cravings and my changing body to whatever I need. He likes to call my sensitive sense of smell my “spidey sense” for some odd reason! I know he is excited for you to come. He’s working hard on getting things done and he’s already making sacrifices for you. The other night we went on a walk and he was saying the craziest silliest things that had me laughing until tears were coming out of my eyes, I can’t wait to laugh like that with you too!

This past week has brought a few more trips to the porcelain throne to empty my stomach, but like I keep saying it’s all worth it for you, love. And seriously, from 3:00-5:00pm, I am mentally and physically pretty much useless, just craving a nap and counting down the minutes until work is over but I hang in there. I can count the naps I’ve taken since finding out about you on one hand, that is just a luxury I don’t have, but at the same time, sometimes I think they throw of my nights sleep, if they’re too late in the day or too long. Details, details, boring I know. I just wanna record it all though.

Along with this blog I’m also using a pregnancy journal that is called My Belly Book. It is soo cute and totally my style, not cheesy at all! I’ve actually had it for almost 2 years, just waiting in my underwear drawer for when this time would come. Your mom is basically a big dork! You’ll come to find out!!

Well, little prune baby, that’s my letter for this week. I love you tons and tons!

Love,

Your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment