Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 9 letter

Dear medium green olive sized babe,

Yum! I like green olives and I'm sure that I'll like you sooo much that the expression "I just wanna eat you up!!" will be used frequently once I get to meet your little self. Not literally of course, but you always hear about moms saying that about their kids, their sweet smelling skin, their chubby little rolls, and so on. Yup, I'm pretty sure I will be one of those moms :)

Yesterday was our first midwife appointment. It was basically only a talking appointment, she went over a lot of information, gave me a binder with said information and then asked a lot of questions about my health history. She did attempt to listen for your heartbeat but told me from the get go that it was very unlikely we would hear it and she was right, no hearing could be had. Which was kinda a bummer but it doesn't at all mean you're not in there growing strong. We were told that it can be heard between 10-12 weeks and that we would try again at my next appointment which will be at 12.5 weeks. I cannot wait! At least it's not too far off.

Your daddy came with me and told me as we were leaving he was sad not to be able to hear it, I can't wait for him to feel you kick more than anything. I can't wait to see the look on his face!! That's still a while off though.

Yesterday, I slept something like 14 hours!! I fell asleep around 6:30 until 8ish woke up for a bit and was back asleep by 9:00 and slept until almost 8 this morning. I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep, only once to pee and then I was out again like a light! I must have really needed it.

The past 2 weeks food hasn't really been the same, I have had more nausea then before and am only wanting to eat what sounds good, which is not much variety...the midwife told me not to worry though and just to focus on eating good when I was feeling better. She said you're still getting everything you need :)

It's kinda crazy to think that it comes solely from me! I love you little olive baby!

Love always,
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment