Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 24 letter

Dear length of a foot long hotdog girl!,

This weeks' comparison makes me think of the couple of times your daddy and I have had cheap dates at costco for the $1.50 polish dog and drink deal! You're worth WAY more than $1.50!! Try like times a gazillion.

We are having so much fun thinking about you and watching me/you grow. I love my bump and your daddy makes sure to keep patting, squeezing, and jiggling!! you just a little bit each day. I know it's just his way of showing his love for you. He's a funny guy! I can't wait for you to meet him.

I love how much you have been moving inside me all throughout the day and when I lay down for bed at night. It is the most surreal and neat feeling. With as much as you move, I am sure you are taking after your daddy in that way! Though I am the one squirming at night when we are trying to sleep, when he pretty much stays in one spot from the moment his head hits the pillow. Our sleeping isn't the best, but we are also getting lots of cuddling in too!!

This past weekend I went to Baby's R Us to check it out for the first time. I took pictures with my camera of things I liked and the majority of them were blankets! I must have taken pics of like 6 different blankets or blanket sets! I guess I really just can't wait to snuggle you all wrapped up in a cute or pretty soft blanket. I also bought you a super cute jumper type of summer outfit with a really bright flowery print. It won't fit you until your about 6 months old, but it will be perfect for next summer. I am going to have so much fun dressing you and eventually doing your hair when your old enough/have enough! I am thinking right now that you will be bald when you're born and probably stay that way for a while! I was bald and Matt was too, my mom taped bows to my head for pictures!! ha! But we're a beanie family, so we'll have you wearing lots of cute ones too.

This week at our church's high school youth group which your dad and I help out with, I found myself thinking of you and praying for you. Tom, the youth pastor was talking about sharing Christ with others and I was thinking about sharing Him with you, when you are ready. Just praying that a relationship with Jesus is something you will have in your life, that your dad and I can share Him with you and teach you about Him, that as you get older and become a high schooler or even earlier in your life that you will have a desire and boldness to share Him with others. I know your dad and I both feel that our relationships with Jesus are a huge part of our lives and that we would be lost with out Him. I hope as a family we can always be learning about, praying to, and seeking Jesus together. That as we all grow over the years we can be open and encouraging to one another about our relationships with the Lord.

Oh, I have so many hopes, dreams, and prayers for you my little babe. I love you with all my heart!

love,

mama

No comments:

Post a Comment