Thursday, December 24, 2009

Week 34 letter

Dear Ellie girl,

Today is Christmas eve! What a gift YOU are to us this year! We are getting so excited to meet you. This week you are about 5 pounds or comparable to a bag of sugar and almost 18 inches long. Like, I said last week, that feels about right because I sure am feeling full! Of you my love! And it is such a great and special feeling.

This week I have found myself wondering what next year will be like, but I don't want to miss out on what this year is as well. I am so looking forward to all that is to come but I want to soak in the here and now too. Times with loved ones, the last few weeks of just your daddy and I, the little things and the big. I think that is important to live in the moment and a lesson I am always having to remind myself of. What I really want to focus on today and all my days for that matter is the true reason for this Christmas season, and that IS Jesus, who was born to save us! Like our Pastor shared at the Christmas service last night, it IS a beautiful love story.....one I can't wait to share with you! One I hope you will come to know and accept in your heart. We are so blessed and would be lost with out His grace. Baby girl, I am praying for you now and will always.

This week has also brought some special presents for you in the mail! You have so many people who love you so much! Everytime I see my sister she tells me she has gotten you something else and the stuff your Auntie Chare' sent is sooo cute and perfect! I can't wait for you to meet your Aunt Chare'. She has been my best friend for many years and is quite the amazing lady!

Tonight we will go to the Talbot family Christmas in Silverton, with my grandparents, and all my dad's brothers and sisters. It is a large and loud! event but one I have loved for many years! Then we will spend the night with my parents so we can watch your Uncle Zach and Aunt Grace open their presents in the morning and then head home to have Christmas with the Miller family at our house. But not without having Auntie Noel's waffles first! That's also a tradition :)

Next year, with you here we hope to travel to California to share Christmas with my mom and that entire side of the family. (That's right Cali fam! Plan on that and cousins that don't live there, please come too!!) I know I say I can't wait for this and can't wait for that throughout all these letters, but here's another one.....I can't wait for everyone to meet you too! and for another Christmas in California.

Little lady, I love you so much! I am so thankful for you and excited to become your mama. I am so blessed!

love,

mama







No comments:

Post a Comment