Thursday, December 31, 2009

Week 35 letter

Dear girly,

This week has been a great week! All of them have been, but today as I reflect on this week so far, I just feel joyful and content. It might have a little something to do with the fact that I get the entire week of from work too :) But also, I have been getting lots of little things done and just thinking about you a lot.

This week, you are about 5.5 lbs and around 18 inches long now, or comparable to the length of a Costco birthday cake! We had another mid-wife appointment yesterday day and everything looks great! We are both right on track with our size and blood pressure and heart rate. All the things they measure. Your daddy and I really can't say enough how much we love Bella Vie (the Birth Center). All the staff are amazing and we just feel so comfortable and at home there. What a blessing to be able to go there for your birth! From now on until you come, I will have an appointment once a week as well!

This week we have also made a lot of progress in the preparations department...your Dad almost has our bedroom done, he's been painting trim for the window most of the day today and *fingers crossed* he will do the carpet next Saturday when I'm at our baby shower and maybe even surprise me by moving our stuff in....(hint, hint love!)

After that we can paint your room and I can start decorating it!! I have been working on your bedding and just love it! I have to decide the official paint color still but it is definitely going to be a light shade of pink, close to cotton candy colored.

Tonight is New Year's Eve and when I think about 2009, I am so blessed and thankful for all that has come with it! Especially this pregnancy! And 2010 brings YOU! into our arms! I was thinking if I should make some resolutions for the year but really can only think of mama ones....here they are:

1. I resolve to love you unconditionally with my whole heart.
2. I resolve to nurture and take care of you with all that I am.
3. I resolve to share the Lord with you in whatever ways He leads me.

Just a few and I'm sure I'll think of more and add to the list over time. I want to/hope to be the best mama I can for you!

Ellie girl, I love you so much and am so excited to meet you!

love,

your mama

1 comment:

  1. Great to talk with you yesterday, Hollie. Can't wait to see the finished product (both the nursery and that sweet little girl!)

    ReplyDelete