Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 37 letter

Dear Ellie girl,

Wow! 3 weeks left, give or take some days I'm sure....But I can't believe you are almost here! This is probably what I'll be saying in all my letters until you arrive now. It really is so close and feeling very real that we will be parents soon.

This week, the website I've been using to compare your size to had this to say: "At this point babies vary in size, but the average length is between 19 and 20 inches and most babies weigh approximately 6 pounds. About the size of an average largemouth bass caught in Minnesota by your cousin Earl." Which of course, cracks me up! Last week you were a breadbox and this week you are a fish....and for the record, we don't have any cousins named Earl!

Your dad and I have been having so many nice moments during these last few weeks, from snuggling on the couch, to me reading to him in bed at night (which I so look forward to getting to do with you!!) to working on our projects in different rooms yet taking the time to stop and talk a little and enjoy each others company, it has truly been a great way to spend the time in anticipation of you! I am recommending it to you when you are one day pregnant with your own child....it's a special time!

It looks like this weekend, we will be moved into our new room and out of yours, so then we can do yours! Even tonight, I was sewing your bedding and thinking of you. I think you enjoy the hum of the sewing machine because whenever my foot left the pedal you would give me a kick as if to say,"hey lady! where did my nice white noise go?!" I hope to one day teach you to sew as well, as your Great Grandma Ellouise taught me.

Speaking of Ellouise, that is who you are getting your name from. Your Great Grandpa calls her Ellie from time to time, or Ellie May when he's teasing or flirting with her! And yes, after almost 55 years of marriage, they STILL flirt! I love it. Your middle name is coming from another Great Grandma...Her name was June and she was Matt's grandma, well, she still is, but I say was because she passed away this past summer. Though you will never get to meet her, we will make sure you get to know her through stories and pictures. I can already see your daddy sticking tape on you as game, just like the one he played with his Grandma years ago. A special memory of his.

Family is a huge part of our lives and as we grow ours with the coming of you dear girl, I look forward to all those members becoming a part of your life! You truly are so loved!

With that I'll end this weeks letter, my fish-sized girly. I love you with all my heart!

love,

mama


No comments:

Post a Comment