Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 38 letter

Dear Baby Girl,

We are getting close! Well, *maybe* we are because in all reality, even though that ticker on the right there says 12 days, it could be up to 2 weeks past that....But I do FEEL like your coming soon (whatever soon means!). Soon to me, means sometime in February though....because I do hope you're a February baby, even though ultimately it's not up to me! Time will tell....that's my new favorite phrase of the moment....wow, your mama is a dork! I know I will have countless oppotunities to prove this to you in the coming years! Ha!

Everyday I am still doing little nesting projects and with the installation of your carseat yesterday, I feel like I am just about done.....with the exception of not even beginning your room! But that's ok, it really is...you still have a nice bassinet to sleep in, we have your changing table in the front room (oh so convenient!), it is stocked with diapers, blankets and burp cloths and a bunch of tiny clothes! Tiny and mostly pink! All smelling so wonderful from being freshly washed in baby detergent. I held some to your daddy's nose and told him to smell (knowing he's never experienced such goodness yet) and he responded ,"why can't we wash OUR clothes in that!" So cute. Speaking of smells, I cannot wait to smell your special perfect baby smell....though I'm sure well have our fair share of not so fresh smells to experience in due time as well!

We are both looking forward to so much! To it ALL really. I feel like I don't really have any expectations of how it will be, just happy, contented anticpation of all that it is to come, if that makes sense! I feel confident that we will figure it all out as we go along. We know that you will be greatly loved and taken care of, and that is really all that matters. We also know we have so many great friends and family supporting us, which is such a blessing!

This past week, I have been trying to picture you but I really can't do it. I am so curious as to what you will look like! Will you have hair? I really doubt it, since both your daddy and were bald, but if the "old wives tale" about heartburn is true, then maybe you could have some? What color could it be? Your daddy and I both had sandy blondish hair when we finally got it, that turned brown as we got older. There is even a possibility it could be red with our genes! Will you have Matt's eyes or mine? Or is it possible for you to have an entirely different eye color? I know we won't know this until a few months down the road. We are pretty sure you'll have my nose after seeing you in the 3D/4D ultrasound, but what about your chin, your ears, your lips? Yup, definitely curious! Regardless of whose ears or chin or hair color you have, this I know.....YOU WILL BE BEAUTIFUL! Not because you are our daughter, but because your are God's daughter!

I know this to be true because of these words:

"For your created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know this full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

How amazing it is to know that our Father in Heaven knew you from the very beginning and created you, created you perfectly and wonderful! He loves you so much! He loves us ALL so much. You are a picture of His love! Know that, little one, and remember it again, when you read these letters down the road. I promise to teach you about and share with you the Father's love in our life together, it has been so amazing in my own life as well.

My sweet Ellie girl, I love you so much!
You are mine....ours....HIS!

love always,

your mama

1 comment:

  1. She IS going to be beautiful! And you guys are going to be amazing parents! We are so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete