Sunday, March 7, 2010

Letters to my daughter: Week 2

Dear Ellie girl,

I can't believe you've already been here for 2 weeks! At the same time, it feels in a way like you've been a part of our lives forever, as I can't really imagine life without you or before you. Of course, I remember it, but you are just such a perfect fit with us and it feels like you've been here all along in a sense. I guess this will only make sense to you one day when you have your own kids.

This week has been another week of learning all about you and anticipating your needs. You are nursing so well and sleeping really good too. Your daddy and I sure aren't taking that for granted and feel very blessed. At your 1 week appointment which was on Monday, the midwife just "oohh and ahhd" over you! She said you were doing great! You weighed in at just over 8 lbs now.

This week we got out and about quite a bit and I've learned that you love to be in the baby carrier. I love carrying you in it as well. I need to remember to share you with your dad, I don't think I've let him be the one to "wear" you yet! We (the 3 of us) also went on our first road trip up to Tacoma, WA to buy a car for your daddy. You did amazing in the car, sleeping the whole way up there and MOST of the way back ;) We stopped in Portland at the Antique Expo on the way back, where we learned pretty quickly that if we're not going to carry the diaper bag in somewhere with us, we better at least bring the pacifier! Your dad was very sweet to literally run back to the car we had parked like a 1/2 mile away to get it. Lesson in parenting #698 that makes it I think!

Tomorrow your Grandma Lida (my mom) comes and I know she is very very excited to meet you! It will be a fun week for us girls to hang out. Her and your Auntie Noel will both be staying with us for the week.

Girly, I love you so so much. I love to stare at you as you sleep or even are awake and just watch your expressions change. I love it when you raise your eyebrows or when your mouth forms into that perfect little "O", or when you stretch your neck and your daddy and I call you Turtle!

You are amazing, my sweet girl!

love,

mama

No comments:

Post a Comment