Monday, March 22, 2010

letters to my daughter: Week 4 aka 1 month!

Dear Ellie,

Wow, has it really been a whole month since I first held you in my arms! Like everyone said, time is sure going fast. I only have 3 weeks left of maternity leave and that is another thing I wish would slow down. Though I am so thankful to just work part time and not be gone from you too much!

This last week was challenging for both me and your daddy. You had a couple rough early mornings and it really stretched us for sure. We (your Dad and I) found ourselves not being the nicest to each other in those stressful moments but we also were able to later talk calmly and tell each other what we need in those situations for the future.

Girly, communication is huge in marriage and though marriage is so far off for you, I hope one day as you read this you will encouraged in your own life that even when things are tough and hard, marriage provides you a teammate to work through everything with. It really is a gift.

This week we laid low, well more than the previous weeks. We did go hang out with your future buddies Carter, Jameson, and Lily. It was nice to just chat with the other mamas and also laugh about the size of Jameson compared to you and Carter. To be fair, he is 4+ months older than you two.

Your daddy and I continue to take you on lots of walks around the neighborhood. Walking is a huge thing for us and we will most likely do it most nights all spring and summer. It will be fun to watch you as the years go on as you go from being carried or "strolled" by us (yes, just invented that word!) to seeing you take your own steps and then eventually I'm sure want to ride your bike. We are so excited for all that is to come and for what each new day brings.

I love you so much girly, during the hard times and the great ones. Through it all, forever!

love,

mama


*** Unfortunately, these letters are going to have to become monthly letters. In the interest of our new budget and having to pay taxes this year!! We are cutting out internet and cable. Blog posts may not be as frequent either, which saddens me, but I do have a beautiful journal that was a gift for Ellie, that I plan to continue to write to her in as well. I will continue to update when I can for sure!***


1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your stories with your sweet Ellie and seeing pictures! I'll admit I'm going to be sad you won't be bloggin more frequently, but totally understand the reasoning behind it! You are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete